Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Eat With Your Eyes

After I make a tasty dish, I always try to take a picture of it. Photographing food is almost just as fun as eating it, and I'm always looking for the practice.

Unfortunately, so is Jim. He borrowed a Nikon digital SLR with a GIANT lens from a friend a couple of weeks ago. Every time I pull out my small Canon, I feel a little silly trying to take a picture. He gets this nice camera out, puts the ridiculously large lens on it, and just when I think he's done he pulls out a tripod. I usually just put my camera away at that point! He's already posted some of those pictures on his Facebook profile.

Here are a couple of pictures that I took with my dinky camera that he hasn't already posted. Now I know to post my food pictures before he gets around to it!

Good news? He won't be able to take all of the amazing food pictures I'll be able to take when I go to Europe next week! I promise lots of great food pics!


Scalloped Potatoes from Julia Child's Mastering the Art of French Cooking


Herb Marinated Pork Loin

Homemade Pork Dumplings with Edamame

Grilled Eggplant, Endive and Asparagus

Smoked Pulled Pork



No comments:

Post a Comment